Today my dears, I am daring you to read my favorite YA series: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. It’s one of the first series I started reading and it remains on the top of my list ^^
This story evolves along 6 books, which are all released now and started with Vampire Academy in 2007 and ended with Last Sacrifice in 2010. The story is about a Dhampir (half-human half vampire) girl named Rose who trains on a boarding school to protect her best friend Lissa, a moroi (good vampire). She is very talented but she’s a pig-head and have a big mouth, both of which will get her in worlds of troubles. She also falls for a certain hot Russian dhampir, her trainer, called Dimitri. The relationship between those three is the main plot line amongst the entire series and let me tell you, you are in for quite a ride, so buckle up! My favorite book of the series was the third one, Shadow Kiss and I think it has it all. The danger, the passion, the pain: It got me weeping. Shadow Kiss was the first book to manage that!
I got my mom and my grandmother to read this series in French and they are both hooked and impatiently awaiting the release of the French edition of Last Sacrifice.
So I am Daring you to read this series dear to my heart, with fans among three generations in my family! Will you rise up to the challenge?
On a side note, Vampire Academy was recently made into a Graphic Novel, if you’re more into that sort of thing, and my Husband liked it =)
Here’s more about the series:
Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with an unbreakable bond to the earth’s magic. She must be protected at all times from Strigoi; the fiercest and most dangerous vampires–the ones who never die.
The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway, Lissa’s best friend, makes her a Dhampir. Rose is dedicated to a dangerous life of protecting Lissa from the Strigoi, who are hell-bent on making her one of them.
After two years of illicit freedom, Rose and Lissa are caught and dragged back to St. Vladimir’s Academy, hidden in the deep forests of Montana. Rose will continue her Dhampir education. Lissa will go back to being Queen of the elite Moroi social scene. And both girls will resume breaking hearts.
Fear made Lissa and Rose run away from St. Vladimir’s – inside the Academy’s iron gates, their world is even more fraught with danger. Here, the cutthroat ranks of the Moroi perform unspeakable rituals and their secretive nature and love of the night creates an enigmatic world full of social complexities. Rose and Lissa must navigate through this dangerous world, confront the temptation of forbidden romance, and never once let their guard down, lest the Strigoi make Lissa one of them forever…
Click the cover to read my review
How to participate?
- You choose a book you’ve read, loved and would dare your readers to read!
- The book you choose must be an older release (at least 6 months ago), because let’s be honest, we’re all quite aware of the latest releases.
- Write your own blog post, using the button and linking back to Tynga’s Reviews, inviting your readers to read your chosen book.
- Come back on Tynga’s Reviews and put your link in the linking tool.
- Browse other bloggers Dare and let them know if you’ve read their featured book, or plan on reading it.
- Super easy and an awesome way to discover that special book who might have slipped off your radar!
Don’t forget to add your own Daring You To Read… post in the linky below.
Make sure to let me know if you plan to read/have read the series!
Latest posts by Tynga (see all)
- Amazing Kindle Deals - December 13, 2013
- Captive: The Forbidden Side of Nightshade by A.D. Robertson - December 13, 2013
- Jaguar Fever by Terry Spear - December 6, 2013