We’re skipping Daring You To Read this week because we have a guest post from Coreene Callahan, author of the Dragonfury series, which Stéphanie loves!
As the only girl on all guys hockey teams from age six through her college years, Coreene Callahan knows a thing or two about tough guys and loves to write about them. Call it kismet. Call it payback after years of locker room talk and ice rink antics, but whatever you call it, the action better be heart stopping, the magic electric, and the story wicked, good fun.
After graduating with honors in psychology and working as an interior designer, she finally succumbed to her overactive imagination and returned to her first love: writing. And when she’s not writing, she’s dreaming of magical worlds full of dragon-shifters, elite assassins, and romance that’s too hot to handle. Callahan currently lives in Canada with her family and writing buddy, a fun-loving golden retriever.
Stay tuned for Coreene’s Top 10 Dragon Tips and enter to win a copy of her latest Dragonfury book, FURY OF SEDUCTION!
I don’t know about you, but I’m a big believer in the slogan “knowledge is power”. That kind of attitude has saved by tuckus more than once, enabling me to stay healthy while writing about dragon-shifters. They are, after all, a difficult—think…crazy, secretive, sometimes violent—bunch. And tend to get upset when I reveal things Dragonkind would rather we not know. Secrets like, oh say, their strengths and weaknesses, how and where they live along with—
Well, I could go on, but prefer to stay alive, so…
Today, I decided to share my top ten Dragon Tips. The ones that will help you recognize the warning signs and get the heck out of Dodge if necessary. I hope each stands you in good stead should you ever come nose-to-scales with a dragon-shifter in a snit or ah-hem…a more amorous frame of mind.
Top 10 Dragon Tips Everyone Oughta Know:
1. Dragon-shifters are notorious pranksters, so be careful—you start it, they’ll finish it…every time.
2. Never piss off a frost dragon. You’ll end up in a cryogenic deep freeze.
3. Never lend a dragon-shifter your car. Dragons love to drop things from high places, just to see them go crunch. He’ll call it a scientific experiment while you’re calling your insurance company.
4. Invite a dragon-shifter to dinner. He’ll not only cook for you (flambéed entrees in an instant!), but bring an excellent vintage from his wine collection too. Serve it up hot, sprinkle on some sexy, and enjoy HIM along with the meal.
5. Dragons fear water. There is, however, one exception to the rule…Mac (the hero of FURY OF SEDUCTION). So before you drop the towel on the deck to take a midnight dip, check the bottom of the pool. Mac’s been known to “borrow” one every now and again.
6. Never play poker, strip or otherwise, with a dragon-shifter. You’ll end up broke, homeless, and probably naked too.
7. Dragons love to show off. Ask yours to take you on a midnight flight. You’ll get a bird’s-eye view and the ride of your life…during and afterward.
8. Dragons love to give chase. So don’t run…unless, of course, you wish to be caught and thrown into an erotic free-fall toward the nearest bed. (*sigh* We should all be so lucky!)
9. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire…which probably means Wick is in the area. Stay inside and away from the windows. Hiding under the bed is advisable too, cuz yeah…Wick finding you? Not even close to a good idea.
10. Courting a dragon-shifter’s forgiveness? Treat him to a night filled with the THREE Ls: laughter, lingerie and lots of loving. Works like a charm every time. He’ll forget his own name, never mind what upset him in the first place.
So there you have it. The Top 10 list of Dragon Dos and Don’ts. A huge thanks to Tynga’s Reviews for inviting me to visit today. It’s been great fun! To learn more about the Dragonfury Novels and my Circle of Seven series, stop by my website www.coreenecallahan.com. I’d love to hear from you!
Thanks for visiting us, Coreene! What a great list!
More about FURY OF SEDUCTION:
Successful landscape designer Tania Solares prides herself on living by her own terms, relying on no man to provide for her. But her carefully controlled life takes a turn for the extraordinary when her inquiry into the disappearance of her best friend thrusts her between two warring factions of dragon-shifters. Suddenly Tania’s survival depends on Mac, a newly initiated dragon-warrior who will break every rule to keep her safe.
Now that Tania knows the truth about Dragonkind, returning to her old life is too grave a risk. Ivar, leader of the Razorbacks, plots to decimate the human race, and Tania is just the tool he needs. Despite the danger, Mac cannot deny her a choice: Trade the independence she’s fought so hard to achieve for safety in a magical world, or turn her back on the man she’s grown to love in order to reclaim a freedom that might not last? It is an impossible choice. And yet a sacrifice must be made…
To learn more about the first two Dragonfury books, click on the covers!
Coreene is graciously offering one (1) print copy of FURY OF SEDUCTION to a lucky reader!
To enter the giveaway, obey the Rafflecopter!
Ends Thursday, December 13, 2012