**Notice** Due to transfering back from a godaddy hosted wordpress blog back to blogger, reviews published before june 2017 don`t all have a pretty layout with book cover and infos. Our apologies.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Stacking The Shelves [245]

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
If you want to find out more about Stacking The Shelves, please visit the official launch page!

Happy Saturday everyone!  I'm at work today... so I'm surrounded by books and focusing on books and not actually reading any books.  #LibrarianLife  ;)
This past week I got two brand new books:  Crucial Conversations (from a training that I attended at work) and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children: The Graphic Novel (from a used book sale).  I've already read the graphic novel and it's fantastic.  I highly recommend this really unique trilogy in either traditional or graphic novel format!

Then, as per usual, I brought home a boatload of books from the library.  One of them is from my school's library, which is pretty neat.  You see, I'm attending a college that is about two hours' drive away from my home via online distance learning.  To check out a book, I simply filled out an online request form and they mailed it to me!  Sweet.  It's for a group project, but it's turned out to actually be a really good book:  Giving Our Children a Fighting Chance.

And since I'm back in the thick of things school-wise, I've been downloading some pretty easy listening audiobooks from my library for my commute:  the Encyclopedia Brown series by Donald J. Sobol!  Do y'all remember these from when you were a kid?  I'm happy to report that I can figure out the solution about 75% of the time.  And I'm going to attribute the other 25% to not paying close attention to the story while paying close attention to the road.  ;)

For fun, I checked out two books of crochet patterns from the library, but I haven't had time to make anything from them.  One was just so odd that I couldn't resist grabbing:  Animal Heads by Vanessa Mooncie, about how to crochet faux trophy heads to hang in your house.  The other would be useful, if I ever had time to crochet anymore:  Crochet One-Skein Wonders for Babies.

And finally, I also checked out Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly and Together is Better by Simon Sinek at the recommendation of library patrons.  Being in the middle of a semester means I may or may not have time to read them, though.
And you?  What did you bring home this week?  Leave your link below to join the fun!

Tynga is a 32 years old mom of two, from Montreal, working as a lab technician in an hospital specialized in heart disease. In her free time, she enjoys reading all things Paranormal and photography.

Follow Tynga on: Facebook | Twitter

1 Person left their mark:

  1. With our write my term paper online services, students are guaranteed quality services that are offered by professional writers are we are the best research paper writers for hire company.